Many of my clients used to use many different platforms, independently of WordPress, to sell products online. However, that trend is changing as it continues to become easier to integrate e-Commerce into WP, given all of the great applications now available. There are literally hundreds of shopping cart solutions, both paid and unpaid, that can be integrated directly into your WordPress site, either into your posts or your pages.
A flexible and customizable Shopping Cart plugin can help you easily integrate an online store into your WP website or blog. Most of these are so easy to use that you can literally have an operational store in just a few minutes. Some are very basic while other shopping cart plugins allow you to take your online business to the next level.
Before making a selection of which Shopping cart plugin to use, be sure to read all of the details so that you know all of the corresponding tools you might need. (like a merchant account with paypal, authorize net etc.)
Here are 10 of my favorites that I think you should consider using:
- Simple PayPal (free)
- YAK (free)
- WP e-commerce (free)
- Google Checkout (free)
- Ecwid Shopping Cart (free)
- Shoppers Press
- Cart 66
- WordPress eStore
- Foxy Shop
1. SIMPLE PAYPAL – WP Simple Paypal Shopping Cart allows you to add an ‘Add to Cart’ button on any posts or pages. It also allows you to add/display the shopping cart on any post or page or sidebar easily. The shopping cart shows the user what they currently have in the cart and allows them to remove the items. It can be easily integrated with the NextGen Photo Gallery plugin too.
2. YAK is an open source shopping cart plugin for WordPress. It associates products with weblog entries (in other words, posts), so the post ID also becomes the product code. It supports both pages and posts as products, handles different types of product through categorisation, and provides customisable purchase options (cheque or deposit, basic credit card form, basic Google Checkout integration, standard PayPal integration, PayPal Payments Pro, and Authorize.net). YAK requires PHP5 to work correctly.
3. WP e-Commerce – The WP e-Commerce shopping cart plugin for WP is an elegant easy to use fully featured shopping cart application suitable for selling your products, services, and or fees online. WP e-Commerce is a Web 2.0 application designed with usability, aesthetics, and presentation in mind.
5. ECWID – Ecwid is a free full-featured shopping cart and an e-commerce solution that can easily be added to any blog or Facebook profile. It offers the performance and flexibility you need, with none of the hassles you don’t.
“Ecwid” stands for “ecommerce widgets”.
6. Shoppers Press – (more than a plugin) ShopperPress is a fully featured shopping cart theme for WordPress, suitable for selling all types of products, services, and digital downloads online. Includes 20+ store designs, unlimited installations, lifetime free support and upgrades! ShopperPress is a turn-key ready “out of the box” shopping cart solution. You simply install, select your template, add products and your ready to start accepting orders.
7. Cart 66 – Cart66 makes it easy to turn any WP website into a money making, e-commerce store. Once you start using Cart66, you may want to create more stores. All of the licenses include the same, full featured version of Cart66 and professional support. If you plan to use Cart66 on multiple websites, we have created multi-site licenses that will save you money.
8. StorePress – StorePress is a premium WordPress theme, fully coded and packed with scripts that will allow you to transform your WordPress blog into a veritable e-commerce virtual store. Start affiliate stores, or promote affiliate products with this great premium WordPress theme.
9. WordPress eStore – In a Nutshell… this sleek WordPress shopping cart plugin allows you to sell any form of digital products and services from your wordpress blog securely with complete automation. What I mean by complete automation is that once you set it up the whole process (The buying and the delivering of the product without revealing the real URL of the product) works on its own.
10. Foxy Shop – FoxyShop is a complete shopping cart solution for WordPress. This plugin connects to FoxyCart’s excellent shopping cart service and will allow you to manage your inventory from a WordPress backend. FoxyShop is designed for complete flexibility so that WordPress developers can use the plugin’s helpful library and sample code to quickly configure and implement almost any shopping cart solution.
See you in the blogsophere!
Are you looking for plugins to enhance the SEO for your site?