Although you should have an email provider to help manage and grow your list, you should also have a Contact Form Plugin on your WordPress site, to use for those times when you do not want to require your subscribers to have to opt-in (a requirement by most reputable emil providers) for every thing!
One such use would be conducting short surveys, hosting a question corner (here are two examples: example1 example2). Or, if you simply want to enhance the process of adding and monitoring forms that integrate with your existing email provider account.
While creating and hosting contact forms on your WordPress site is easy because of the many plugins available, web forms are a spam magnet.
Here are 5 great Contact Forms for WordPress, chosen in part because of the inclusion of spam control:
- Formidable Forms: You can quickly and easily build forms with a simple drag-and-drop interface and in-place editing. Unlike many of the form-building plugins which can be confusing and overly complicated Formidable is easy to create forms within a simple drag-and-drop interface. You can construct custom forms or generate them from a template. Shortcodes can be used as well as spam catching services. Fordmiable forms has a limited Free and Full Premium version.
- Gravity Forms: This Premium Plugin is for WordPress users looking for all the bells and whistles! It offers several features not found in many of the other free or less robust plugins and integrates with many third party providers like AWEBER etc. Some of the features that make Gravity Forms so popular:
- limit entries – for controlling number of contest entries e.g.
- scheduling – let’s you control time that a form is displayed
- pricing fields
- posts field
- Custom Contact Forms: Many WordPress users consider this plugin to be a thousand times more customizable and intuitive than other popular contact form plugins. This tool lets you customize every aspect of your forms without any knowledge of CSS: borders, padding, sizes, colors. There are Ton’s of great features, including: required fields, captchas, tooltip popovers, unlimited fields,forms,form styles etc. Additionally, you can use a custom thank you page or built-in popover with a custom success message set for each form.
- Contact Form 7: This plugins is simple and easy to use. With it you can manage multiple contact forms, make it match you site with customization of both the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering to minimize spam.
- Form Builder:The Form Builder Plugin for WordPress allows you to build complex forms in the WordPress administrative interface without needing to know PHP or HTML. The developers claim that is it simple enough for anyone to make them, yet customisable enough to use for the most difficult job, which is the ingredient of a great plugin!
Since capturing information about your users is the best way to grow your lists and learn about who your visitors are and what they want, having a good contact form is a must!
Looking for some more great Plugins for your WordPress site?