If you are not already capturing leads from your blog/website, then you need to start,now!
AWEBER, one of my favorite email marketing applications, just announced the release of the API (Application Programming Interface) and WordPress Web Form Plugin. Sweet!
So what’s the big deal? The big deal is that this new application allows you to connect your WordPress site/blog with your AWeber account, letting you place lead capture forms on your self-hosted WordPress blog with just a few clicks, and without having to copy any code.
Instead of having to log into your account to get code for your form, once the form is created, using the new widget, you can insert your from right from within any of your sidebars. After you’ve installed the widget, simply drag and drop web forms that you have created in your AWeber email marketing account into your blog, without having to log into your account or copy and paste anything!
All you need in your account is a completed web form. The best part? You can choose from any web form that exists in your account, which means you can use the widget on all of your blogs, with just a single account.
Here are the steps to install the widget on your self-hosted WordPress blog: (be sure you have created the form in your AWeber account first)
- On the left side of your panel, click on plugins (you can see a tutorial on how to install plugins here)
- Select add new
- Enter Aweber Web Form Plugin in the search field
- Once the plugin shows up in you list ( be sure is is the one that lists the creator as Aweber) Select Install
- Select Activate
- Go to Settings
- Select Aweber Form
- Follow instructions to get your API code
- Enter code into field
- Go to Appearance on the left panel
- Select Widgets then you will see a panel with all of your widgets listed
- Drag the Web Form Widget to the sidebar where you wish the form to appear
- From the drop down menu in the widget, select the form you wish to display
- Click save and you’re done!
How easy was that? Now that it’s easier than ever, you should check all of your blogs now and be sure you have forms added to each one.
Are you using Auto-responders to build a relationship with your readers?