Here is part 2 of my article, Search Engine Optimization for WordPress.
If you’ve read part 1, you already know that WP comes ready to take full advantage of search engine submissions. You also know that the first 4 things to remember are:
- Good clean code
- Content speaks
- Create content with live searches in mind
- Site content is reviewed first.
Following on part one then, here are the remaining 4 things to remember about SEO for wordpress, to ensure that you are maintaining optimal search engine friendliness towards search engine spiders and crawlers, despite the customization:
- 5. Keywords, Links, and Titles: Search engines are not interested in how good looking your site is and do not consider it in the evaluation of your site. Instead what they do is place a value on certain words and combinations of words. Words found in your article or post are compared to those found within your links and titles. You “score” is improved by the level of matching between the two.
- 6. Labels and words in your Links and Images: Even if your site does not have a lot of written content but mostly images and links, there are places in which you should add textual content. Search engines look for alt and title in link and image tags and having keyword rich titles and descriptions in these attributes gives the search engines content to digest.
- 7. Popularity of Links: Although having a good site is important, it is more important to have good sites linked to yours. Search engines still give high ranking to links so at the end of the day it’s about who links to you. You can check the number of incoming links your site has by typing link:www.yoursite.com into Google.
- 8. Good Navigation Links: A search engine crawls through your site, moving from page to page. Good navigational links to the various components on your site will allow a search engine to move smoothly from one page to another, following the connecting links and visiting most of your site.
You can review part 1 of this article here. In the meantime, here are a few Search Engine Optimization tools for your wordpress stie that you can install and begin using immediately:
Thanks for reading and if you found this article useful or have any questions about the content, please leave a comment (http://yourwpdiva.com/search-engine-optimization-for-wordpress-part-2). You can also share this article using the social media tools I have installed at this site.
Did you know that there are easy to use plugins to help mange your projects right in your WordPress dashboard?