Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
I heard it through the grapevine that WordPress is gearing up to release version 3.1 . (For those of you that don’t know what the “grapevine” is, it’s is the most reliable form of communication – even in this technology age!!!).
According to very reliable sources, (top secret you know 🙂 ), it should happen any day now. In fact, it might already be available by the time this article reaches you.
So what does this mean for WordPress users? Here are some of the new features I’ve learned about:
- The Admin Bar will now have a global drop-down menu for speedy internal navigation
- Enhanced Queries,which will allow users to query multiple custom fields and taxonomies
- A new Internal Link Helper will feature a one-click solution for searching and linking to other spots on your site
- New Post Templates, similar to the existing Page template function will allows for greater creativity and efficiency in creating posts
- Added a List-Type Admin so you can sort and swap admin columns for better pagination and navigation
- The usual bug fixes and maintenance
If you are at all familiar with WordPress, you already know that once it is ready for use, you will see an invitation to upgrade to the new version, the first time you visit your dashboard, after the release. (Near the top of the dashboard window).
I don’t know about you but, I am always excited about WP upgrades and am looking forward to exploring the new features soon. I encourage you to take the time to review the new features as often it means enhancements for your site/blog.
You can learn more about the release and features of WordPress 3.1 at the official site: VERSION 3.1 RELEASE
See you in the blogosphere!